Graduate Geotechnical Engineering Contractor - South Wales
My client, a leading UK multi-disciplinary consultancy, is seeking an enthusiastic Graduate Geotechnical Engineering Contractor to join their team in South Wales to assist with Ground Investigations across the UK.
The successful candidate will join an experienced team to work on a wide variety of Geotechnical projects, completing Ground Investigations, Soil and Rock Logging and technical report writing.
Having experience within a Geo-Environmental role will be advantageous but is not essential.
As a Graduate Geotechnical Engineering Consultant, you will be expected to:
- Report directly to the Project Manager
- Attend sites, predominantly within the South Wales and South West regions, with the potential to work on international projects
- Undertake site monitoring activities
- Collect data for interpretation and analysis
- Plan and supervise Ground Investigations
- Trial pitting
- Supervise rotary drilling rigs
- Complete Soil and Rock Logging in accordance with the relevant specifications
- Conduct In-situ testing and sampling to the correct standards
- Maintain accurate field records
The ideal candidate will demonstrate self-motivation, enthusiasm and the ability to work well within a team and as an individual.
As you will be visiting sites, a UK drivers licence is required, and access to your own vehicle
Further requirements include:
- A strong degree within a relevant Geotechnical discipline, such as Geology or Geography
- Have a thorough understand of Ground Investigations, including techniques, procedures, standards and specifications
- Health & Safety legislation awareness
- Must be PC literate, including the use of the Microsoft package, specifically Excel
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to write technical reports
- Be flexible and able to demonstrate commitment to the company and professional progression
In return, you will receive training, a competitive salary with benefits and excellent progression opportunities within a well-established and respected Consultancy.
This is an excellent opportunity for graduates to gain hands-on site experience within an environmental consultancy, with opportunities to progress in to consultancy position to complete interpretive reporting and design work.
Commutable locations include: Cardiff, Bridgend, Rhondda, Swansea, Bristol, Gloucester, Cheltenham.
If this role is of interest to you or if you are searching for other roles relating to Geotechnical or Geoenvironmental Engineering please do not hesitate to contact Ronnie Cooke on 01792 365 006 or email firstname.lastname@example.org .
We have many more vacancies available on our website at www.penguinrecruitment.co.uk. This is a permanent role. Penguin Recruitment is operating as a Recruitment Agency in respect to this position.