Senior Geoenvironmental Consultant - County Durham
An exciting opportunity has become available for an innovative Senior Geoenvironmental Consultant to join a leading multi-disciplinary consultancy to assist with effective site exploration programmes, based in County Durham.
This permanent role will enable the successful candidate to conduct Ground Investigations, complete Phase 1 Desk Studies and Quantitative Risk Assessments on a variety of onshore projects across the UK, as well as managing a team and projects.
As a Senior Geoenvironmental Consultant, you will be expected to work both within the office and visit sites to conduct Phase 1 Desk Studies, Phase 2 Site Investigations, write technical reports, produce Geotechnical designs including Remediation Strategies and assist with business development.
You will also be expected to carry out the following responsibilities:
- Supervise Site Remediation works
- Quantitative Risk Assessments
- Contaminated Land Risk Assessments
- Mining and Subsidence Investigations
- Regular communication with clients
- Supervising the drilling, coring and sampling process of rocks and soils
- In-situ testing
- Borehole logging
- Environmental Due Diligence
- Business development, both with the existing client base and securing new business
- Manage a team
The successful candidate will be an organised and self-motivated individual, who adapts quickly and has a proactive and practical approach. The candidate must be able to work well within a team environment as well as on their own initiative.
Having experience of managing staff and projects will be advantageous.
To be considered for this role, candidates are required to:
- Have vast demonstrable experience within a similar consultancy environment, including completing Phase 1 Desk Studies and Phase 2 Site Investigations, rock and soil logging, project management and liaising with clients
- Have experience of working on Contaminated Land projects
- Possess a BSc and MSc in Civil, Environmental, Geotechnical Engineering or similar discipline
- Be Chartered or be committed to working towards achieving Chartered status
- Hold a UK drivers licence, and be available to attend sites on a regular basis, often for extended periods of time
This role offers a competitive salary (experience dependant) along with benefits and excellent career progression opportunities within a well-established consultancy.
Commutable locations include: Durham, Sunderland, Newcastle Upon Tyne, Darlington and Hartlepool.
Similar job titles include: Senior Geotechnical Consultant, Senior Geoenvironmental Engineer.
If this role is of interest to you or if you are searching for other roles relating to Geotechnical or Geoenvironmental Engineering please do not hesitate to contact Ronnie Cooke on 01792 365 006 or email firstname.lastname@example.org . We have many more vacancies available on our website at www.penguinrecruitment.co.uk. This is a permanent role.
Penguin Recruitment is operating as a Recruitment Agency in respect to this position.