Quality & Environmental Manager with BREEAM knowledge
My client is one of the UK’s leading construction and development companies.
They have grown steadily over two centuries to become one of the most successful and respected names in the building, property development and construction industries. They are highly experienced in delivering new developments, ranging from homes to commercial, industrial and mixed-use schemes and has successfully delivered more than 25,000 student units throughout the UK since 1999.
- Source final destination of waste arising from construction operation at the most economical rate.
- Oversee the Waste Transfer Station and be suitably WAMITAB qualified.
- Arrange soil tests and arrange waste disposal destination in accordance with Environment Agency and local authority’s requirements and monitor quantities of material arising from the contaminated site as required.
- Ensure site is validated in accordance with Environmental Protection Act and the requirements of project funders and clients.
- Monitor waste produced on site and report to Board Directors, Directors, Contract Managers and to Project/Site Managers.
- Produce Environmental Files for each project, to include specific Waste Management Plans & Environmental Impact report.
- To ensure sites meet BREEAM requirements and will for individual projects produce reports on waste (amount/type etc.), produce reports on energy usage and CO2 production for the BREEAM Submission and close out the specific Site Waste Management Plan.
- Educate staff and subcontractors on best practice approach in relation to environmental and quality issues to include performing inductions to new start employees when applicable to role.
- Carry out Environmental and Quality Assurance audits when required, monitor audit results and identify any trends and advise on any preventative or corrective measures to be adopted.
- Liaise with consultants, councils and Environment Agency and NHBC to ensure the site is acceptable and conforms to site end use requirements.
- Produce site-specific Environmental Plans and discuss with Contract and Site Managers and monitor implementation thereof.
- Produce project specific Quality Plans and discuss with Contract and Site Managers and monitor implementation thereof.
- Produce and agree on method statements for waste disposal from the site. Management of in-house waste disposal facilities.
- Identify and implement new methods of processing waste on site and via transfer stations.
- Establish a database for sourcing suppliers of the waste disposal service required.
- When required produce and co-ordinate planning applications regarding waste management facilities and file all correspondence.
- Provide information to Estimating and Business Development team in relation to environmental and sustainability issues for Bid submissions.
- Produce quarterly reports to Environment Agency on company waste management facilities.
- Advise Main Board Directors of new environmental legislation that is applicable to Watkin Jones Group.
- Produce and file risk assessments in accordance with Health & Safety Advisors relevant to waste disposal operatives.
- Support team members.
Please send your CV on a completely confidential basis to Neil Beckley at Key Recruitment UK Ltd. I am an industry specialist consultant working solely within the Construction sector. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org; Call: +44 (0) 161 443 0076; Fax: +44 (0) 161 443 0039. Write Key House, 15/16 The Embankment, Emery Park, Vale Road, Heaton Mersey, Stockport, SK4 3GN, England. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.