Specialist Noise Officer
Specialist Noise Officer required in London to act as Lead Officer with relation to Noise Nuisance.
Your new company
Working in the public sector is all about making a difference to people's everyday lives, making the environment in which they live a better place, and giving them the tools they need to improve their own lives and play an active role in the community.
As the shape of local government continues to change, this organisation is determined to rise to the challenge and find new ways to ensure that their residents enjoy the best opportunities in life - through excellent education, training, access to facilities and community empowerment. They are committed to growth that can benefit all of our residents, by strengthening the borough's local economy and bringing in new facilities and activities. Working at this public sector organisation gives you the opportunity to play a part in meeting those ambitions on behalf of everyone who calls the borough their home.
Your new role
As a Specialist Noise and Nuisance Officer you will be the service's lead officer in relation to Noise Nuisance and you will be responsible for delivering reactive and proactive enforcement activities to combat Anti-Social Behaviour with regards to Noise in a defined geographical area through way of intelligence and analysing data. You will be expected to regularly review and deploy resources accordingly to ensure incidents of Noise related anti-social behaviour are effectively managed and that victims are signposted to appropriate support services.
Additional Responsibilities Include:
* Carry out inspections throughout the borough, investigate complaints, referrals and any other noise related enquiries and where appropriate, prepare reports on the need for action.
* Provide all necessary information and evidence to facilitate legal proceedings and appear as a witness for the Council in legal proceedings, tribunals, inquiries etc. as and when required. Including attendance at Committee hearings, site meetings application enquiries and appeals.
* Undertake assigned projects, ensuring that agreed outcomes are delivered on time, within budget and to the expected standard.
* Use the Council's noise prediction and monitoring equipment and other technical equipment relating to noise.
* Direct and advise support staff as necessary.
What you'll need to succeed
If you have extensive knowledge and experience working with planning applications particularly Section 60 and Section 61 within local authority and can demonstrate strong working knowledge of premises licensing and temporary event notices (TEN) this could be the ideal role for you. Experience using noise meters to obtain objective noise measurements is crucial in being able to successfully carry out this role. You will be required to hold a Certificate of Competence with regards to Noise or an Institute of Acoustics Certificate in Environmental Noise Monitoring as well as an Enhanced DBS certificate.
What you'll get in return
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Apply for Specialist Noise Officer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly