Noise and Nuisance Officer
Environmental Health Officer specialising in Noise Nuisance required in South West London.
Your new company
This South West London based public sector organisation is currently looking to recruit a Noise and Nuisance Officer to join their Pollution team within their Environmental Health division.
It is the responsibility of the Noise and Nuisance team to ensure that the impact from noise and nuisance, on residents and others within the borough, is controlled using appropriate enforcement powers, negotiation and practical knowledge within a 24 hour service operation.
Your new role
As a Noise and Nuisance Officer you will be responsible for undertaking a range of professional and specialist duties with relation to noise. Your main responsibility is to concentrate on the investigation and control of noise within the borough from all sources including domestic, commercial, industrial and entertainment premises. You will also be expected to act as a consultant with regards to licence applications which will involve liaison with the Licensing Service.
Additional responsible include:
* Serve and enforce notices under the Environmental Protection Act 1990, Licensing Act 2003 and Control of Pollution Act 1974 and other public health legislation to abate noise and nuisance.
* Follow up and make re-visits where informal or formal action has been taken, checking works in progress, ensuring that the necessary works, etc. have been properly executed in accordance with good practice. To identify those cases where notices have not been complied with.
* Respond to service requests relating primarily to noise and nuisance, but on occasions to pollution, pests, housing defects, health and safety matters, food hygiene, outbreaks of food poisoning, cases of infectious disease, hazardous waste and licensing matters.
* Use the Council's noise prediction and monitoring equipment and other technical equipment relating to noise.
* To undertake pro-active projects and initiatives to reduce noise and nuisance in the Borough.
* Work within the Noise and Nuisance Service's 24 hour shift system.
What you'll need to succeed
To be successful you will have strong working knowledge of relevant legislation and powers such as the Environmental Protection Act 1990, Licensing Act 2003, Control of Pollution Act 1974, and the Noise and Statutory Nuisance Act 1993. You will have a recognised in Environmental Health qualification or MSc or Diploma in Acoustics and Noise Control.
You will also be able to work within the Noise and Nuisance Service's 24-hour shift system.
What you'll get in return
Competitive Market day rate
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.