Senior Area Engineer
Competitive pay and market leading benefits, including private medical, life assurance and excellent pension
Why Join Mabey Hire?
We believe in a world without boundaries. At Mabey Hire we take our customer’s project vision and make it our challenge to engineer the right temporary works solution to bring it to life. For the last 60 years we have been using our creative engineering approach to enable our customers to deliver some of the most exciting construction and infrastructure projects in the country. Whether these projects are large or small, a standard design or bespoke, we always find the optimum solution to any engineering challenge.
Mabey Hire is both a Contractor and a Consultant providing the perfect arena for an engineer to develop the vital skills to progress in their career. We support engineers with tailored mentoring schemes within a structure that ensures industry leading coaching. We have an approved ICE training agreement and are happy to provide support for any professional body. Our team of 70 engineers constantly pushes boundaries in all aspects of engineering creating the perfect environment for the ambitious, passionate engineer to realise their ambitions.
About the role
The roles primary purpose is to design and deliver cost effective, safe engineering solutions designs in line with service level agreements across our range of solutions for Groundworks, Propping, Formwork and Falsework.
Key aspects of delivering effectively in the role will also require:
- Preparation of designs for high risk temporary works schemes based on the use of the Company's proprietary systems and equipment and in accordance with the company’s work instructions under ISO 9001 quality procedure.
- Providing clear design information to enable the Regional Engineering Manager/Chief Engineer to check and approve scheme design.
- Preparing equipment parts list for use by the Operations team.
- Compliance & monitoring to improve Company’s SHEQ procedures for continued high standards of engineering.
About the candidate
We are keen to speak to candidates that possess the following skills and attributes:
- Civil Engineering Degree, Chartered ICE would be preferred
- A passion for civil engineering solutions
- Experienced in designing temporary works and the use of appropriate codes and standards
- A minimum of 5 years in Civil Engineering within the civil engineering / construction sector
- Proactive, self-motivated and possess strong commercial acumen.