Environmental Health Officer
Environmental Health Officer specialising in Pollution required for a public sector organisation.
Your new company
This North London based public sector organisation is currently looking to recruit an Environmental Health Pollution Officer to join their Pollution Team.
The Pollution Team provides a specialist professional service to discharge the organisation's statutory responsibility to enforce legislation and protect public health. It has a strong regulatory function around industry and the commercial sector, and also acts as a specialist consultancy service in areas of health protection.
Your new role
The role of Pollution Officers is to investigate often complex and contentious service requests from the public, other professionals and the commercial sector relating to its legislative remit, and to take enforcement action where necessary.
* Investigate, survey, inspect, report on and resolve cases involving environmental pollution nuisance or environmental pollution issues.
* Show a detailed understanding of regulation options, including legal enforcement action and other environmental related activities and services.
* Carry out appropriate surveys and sampling of environmental media including air, soil, and submit them for analysis ensuring integrity of samples and, where necessary, continuity for evidential purposes.
* Scrutinise and critically examine planning applications or pre-applications, Environmental Impacts Assessments and Environmental Statements and make comments and recommendations in terms of legal and technical issues relating to environmental pollution
* Gather evidence under statutory guidelines such as the Police & Criminal Evidence Act and prepare legal cases for the purposes of civil and criminal proceedings in courts, inquires and tribunals including prosecutions.
What you'll need to succeed
To be the successful candidate you will be able to confidently conduct investigations and other enforcement work in relation to infringements of legislation, in compliance with the Police and Criminal Evidence Act (PACE), the Regulation of Investigatory Powers Act (RIPA), Criminal Proceedings and Investigations Act (CPIA), Human Rights Act (HRA) and all relevant legislation.
You will also be able to work nights or out of hours when required, in order to manage casework.
What you'll get in return
Competitive Market hourly rate
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.