Waste Project Officer
Waste Project Officer Required in North London.
This public-sector organisation based in North London is currently looking to recruit a number of Waste Project Officers to deliver a 12 month project around their Waste spend.
The aim of this project is to achieve a saving of £500,000 on the waste spend throughout the borough, to be delivered in April 2020.
The JobAs a Waste Project Officer you will be responsible for monitoring the performance of the current waste service. This will include grading the streets by way of patrolling and inspecting ensuring that you are accurately recording all findings to report back to the team manager using NI 195 methodology grading (or similar). You will be required to assess all waste resources relating to street cleansing, where in the borough they are used and how frequently. This will help management make an informed decision as to where further resources are required, or which areas of the borough could have reduced resources.
Another part of the role will be to help assess the usage of capacity in relation to waste receptacles (bins).
Additional responsibilities include:
* Inspect streets, roads and housing estates in line with NI 195 or similar
* Ensure that regular liaison with contracting staff delivering a problem-solving approach that secures a consistently high standard of performance in line with the contract.
* Provide accurate information to help develop action plans to address problematic hot spot areas and monitor the delivery and effectiveness.
* To be proactive in dealing with incidents, occurrences, hazards, defects etc which may compromise the health and safety or interfere with users of the public highway.
* Be willing and able to walk approximately 15 miles per day carrying out inspections in all weather conditions.
* A good understanding of maths and calculations.
What you'll need to succeed
To be the successful candidate you will understand street cleansing monitoring and/or waste collections. (Knowledge to carry out inspections in line with NI 195 or similar performance requirements would be an advantage).
You will also have the ability to plan, manage and monitor projects/ operational work programmes, including the ability to work independently, under pressure and within tight deadlines. It is crucial that you also have the ability and present findings in a clear, accessible and relevant way.
What you'll get in return
Competitive Market Rate
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.