Waste Project Officer
Waste Project Officer Required in North London.
Your new company
This public sector organisation based in North London is currently looking to recruit a number of Waste Project Officers to deliver a 12 month project around their Waste spend.
This project is to achieve a waste spend saving of £500,000 to be delivered in April 2020.
Your new role
As a Waste Project Officer you will be responsible for monitoring the performance of the waste service. This will include both desk top analysis of data and inspections of the street scene across the borough. You will be required to undertake detailed data analysis of your findings and use the intelligence gathered to inform targeted and proactive action to effectively manage waste the contract.
Additional responsibilities include:
* Inspect streets, roads and housing estates in line with NI 195 or similar
* Challenge requests, estimates and invoices received from external contractors for additional work outside of the formal contact arrangements.
* Ensure that regular liaison with contracting staff delivering a problem-solving approach that secures a consistently high standard of performance in line
* with the contract.
* Develop action plans to address problematic hot spot areas and monitor the delivery and effectiveness.
* To be proactive in dealing with incidents, occurrences, hazards, defects etc which may compromise the health and safety or interfere with users of the
What you'll need to succeed
To be the successful candidate you will have clear knowledge and understanding of the waste industry and be able to carry out inspections in line with NI 195 or similar performance requirements. You will also have the ability to plan, manage and monitor projects/ operational work programmes, including the ability to work independently, under pressure and within tight deadlines. It is crucial that you also have the ability to analyse and manipulate complex information (including statistics) and present findings in a clear, accessible and relevant way.
What you'll get in return
Competitive Market Rate
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.