Business Development Manager
Business Development Manager – Parts
Kubota Corporation has been a leading manufacturer of agricultural, turf, hay and construction equipment since 1890. With world Headquarters in Osaka Japan, and sales in more than 110 countries throughout North America, Europe and Asia, Kubota achieved revenues last year over $16 billion. Although, engines, agricultural and construction equipment are Kubota’s primary businesses, Kubota also manufactures a diverse line of other products including city wide water filtration systems, irrigation, piping, roofing, housing and large underground valves.
Our mission, “For Earth, For Life” speaks to our commitment to the preservation of the earth’s natural environment while aiding in production of food and water supplies that are vital to societal needs as our world population continues to grow. That mission is realised each time a Kubota tractor harvests the land to produce life sustaining food or our construction equipment excavates to transport water resources or provide shelter.
Kubota (KUK) based in Thame, Oxfordshire currently employees in excess of 130 staff and has four distinct business lines – Tractor & Groundcare, Engines, Construction and Parts and has been based in the UK Since 1979.
The operations within the UK incorporate Sales, Marketing, Administration, Distribution, Service, Product Development, Parts, Finance, HR, Business Solutions & Planning and H&S.
KUK continues to invest heavily in the development of all staff across the business and within the last 12 months has embarked on a period of re-generation of the facilities with major expenditure taking place to improve car parking, staff welfare facilities, office locations etc, with this process continuing.
KUK is also an active part of the local community with various different initiatives taking place to raise awareness of the brand and work in partnership with the community
We are currently looking to hire a Business Development Manager – Parts. The BDM Parts is a Senior Member of the Management team, reporting into the Managing Director and also holding a position in the European Parts Business Unit, focusing on European matters from a strategic angle and paving the future for the mid and long term.
The BDM has full Profit and Loss accountability promoting and developing parts sales of a multi million pound parts operation, with the ability to manage both strategic and tactical responsibilities. This involves a degree of international and domestic travelling developing strong and effective business relationships with the Kubota customer base, continuing the current positive parts business and its development for the future.
Tasks and responsibilities:
- Manage a team within the UK Parts Sales and Support Department based in Thame, Oxfordshire.
- Developing a positive business engagement within the UK, Republic of Ireland and the Nordic Countries across the Kubota Dealer and Distributor network.
- Deliver best in class customer service levels while ensuring the achievement of key performance indicators.
- Manage Kubota’s outsourcing service providers for parts stocking, picking and packing of dealer parts orders and logistic services for a multi levelled parts delivery service.
- Working with the parts business suppliers that form part of the Kubota Parts Business Revenue stream.
- Ideally educated to Degree level or equivalent
- At least 10 years of experience, from which four in a management role
- Strong track record in the Spare Parts of Heavy Machinery industry (agricultural machinery highly preferred)
- Financially astute with a proven record of managing a parts business
- Experience working in a Matrix management structure where strategic objectives agreed within the European Parts Business Unit are developed into operational business plans and then are rolled out to the UK, ROI and Nordic Dealers net work
- Target driven with the can do attitude
- Managing the Profit and loss – maximising on revenue and profits while keeping cost within agreed budgets
- Driven to develop new parts sales and business opportunities
- With a customer first business attitude for achieving the best in class customer service levels
- Experience in managing a multi-faceted business
If you feel that you have the skills and experience to be a success in this role please apply, in writing, with covering letter and confirming your current remuneration package to – Ivo.firstname.lastname@example.org