Market and Street Trading Inspector
Market Inspector required for an East London based public sector organisation.
Your new company
This East London based public sector organisation is currently looking to recruit a Market and Street Trading Inspector to join their Markets and Street Trading Enforcement Team.
Your new role
As a Market and Street Trading Inspector you will develop and maintain positive and effective working relationships and lines of communication between the Markets Team and the Market Traders and other retailers to maximise the trading potential and shopping experience of each Market within the borough. You will be responsible for under-taking enforcement activity on behalf of the Enforcement team and issuing fixed penalty notices where required through way of monitoring the activities of traders.
Additional responsibilities include:
* Prepare reports, provide statements and give evidence as required to address breaches of legislation and/or licence conditions and to attend court to act as a witness for the London Borough of Hackney.
* Ensure trading takes place in accordance with the licence issued and legislative and other requirements; taking effective action to deal with any illegal trading activity inside or outside of market areas.
* To actively seek views from traders and to encourage entrepreneurship and develop new talent within the market.
* Develop open and positive communications with traders to identify traders with strong market trading skills and experience who could play a key role in the trader mentoring and development programme.
* Be the first point of contact for the public for advice and assistance with complaints, dealing with them sympathetically using initiative to resolve problems and liaise with traders on their behalf where appropriate.
* Carry out regular inspections of shop front trading premises, issuing licences and undertaking enforcement.
* Take the necessary action to deal with the removal of fly pitchers, and the initial action to deal with traders selling counterfeit goods and other serious breaches of legislation liaising with other personnel as necessary, including Trading Standards Officers, the Legal Department and Police.
* Work a varied shift pattern which will incorporate working from 7am to 7pm Monday to Sunday.
What you'll need to succeed
To be the successful candidate will have a proven background in Enforcement or Market Inspecting with a strong understanding of all legislation and licence conditions applicable to carry out the role. You will be able to under-take enforcement activity and prepare reports, provide statements and give evidence as required to address breaches of legislation and/or licence conditions and to attend court to act as a witness for the London Borough of Hackney. You will also be willing to work the shift pattern as follows: 22 hours in total including working a total of 7 hours a day 2 day's during the week and every Saturday for 8 hours. Please note these hours will be in shifts between 7am to 7pm.
What you'll get in return
Competitive Market hourly rate
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.