Salary up to £30,000
Our client, a well established multidisciplinary engineering consultancy, are currently looking to recruit an Assistant Engineer to join their established Civil Engineering Design team based in our Reading office.
The roles are to provide a pro-active supporting function to the existing senior level engineering staff. The successful candidate will be able to take responsibility for the management of the design process for a range of infrastructure for predominantly private sector development schemes.
The role sits between the senior staff, technician and CAD operator positions. The successful candidates will be expected to delegate to and manage the activities and outputs of the more junior team members.
Key responsibilities / Duties will include:
- To support the production of Drainage, Highway, Earthworks and External Works designs for all types and scales of development projects
- Delegate and manage the CAD and technician resource in the delivery of outputs to agreed deadlines
- Liaise with the client and design teams on active projects and to manage and procure deliverables on time
- To deliver projects within budget constraints
- Prepare and manage technical reports
The candidate will require:
- A degree in Civil Engineering or an equivalent qualification
- Proven experience in civil engineering design, ideally with a focus on drainage, highways, earthworks and external areas. Additional experience in utilities would be advantageous
- An understanding and experience of highway, development infrastructure and civil engineering processes, design standards and forms of contract
- Experience of the delegation and management of technician and CAD resources
The ability to liaise with a broad range of stakeholders is essential. Exceptional attention to detail and strong presentation skills are also required.
For more information on this position, please contact RONNIE on 01792 362 012.