Geotechnical Engineer - Glasgow
Salary £25,000 - £32,000 + Excellent benefits + pension
Our client, a successful, independent engineering design consultancy are actively seeking a Geotechnical Engineer to join a friendly team of Civil/Geotechnical Engineers in Glasgow. Working on a host of interesting Geotechnical projects within the rail, highway and building sectors you will work on the design and/or analyse of projects as a key member of the engineering team.
The candidate will be a geotechnical engineer or engineering geologist with design experience in some or all of the following: earthwork design, slope stability, foundation design, pile design, soil nailing, ground anchors, gravity and embedded retaining wall design and report writing as well as knowledge of Eurocode and CDM regulations.
Our client if offering a competitive salary, real progressive opportunities, technical development and opportunities to progress within the consultancy, while working towards chartership.
In order to be considered for this Geotechnical Engineer role you will:
- Have gained a strong Degree in Geotechnical Engineering or Geology
- Have a Minimum of 2 years design experience in civil/geotechnical engineering
- Have knowledge of AutoCAD and Slope/W
- Have relevant experience with the rail, highway or building structures
- Display a positive, enthusiastic approach to work
- Be an excellent communicator
Working as the Geotechnical Engineer you will:
- Identify key geotechnical risks that could affect projects
- Undertake concept and detailed designs
- Prepare technical reports (e.g. Ground Investigation and Geotechnical Design reports).
- Prepare fee proposals to help the company win work
- Liaise with third party suppliers such as statutory bodies for consents and approvals
In order to discuss this Geotechnical Engineer role and other similar roles with the Civil & Geotechnical Engineering sectors please call RONNIE SPINKS on 01792 365 000 or email your CV to Ronnie.firstname.lastname@example.org