Director of High Rise - Mandarin Speaking
Our client is a leading construction company in the UAE, they require a Director of Tall Buildings to join their team in Dubai. Candidates applying for this role must be an expert in High Rise Construction, must have 20 years postgraduate experience, must be fluent in Mandarin and must have a bachelor's degree from a western institution. This role is a client facing position and experience working in a similar role is preferred.
- Managing the delivery of our clients high-rise projects from start to finish.
- Provide support to facilitate delivery of construction, coordinating logistics, permitting, commissioning and handover activities to contractual technical, budget, schedule and quality requirements.
- Provide the interface between projects in a particular zone and ensure that lessons learnt are applied across all projects in this area.
- Ensure the availability and implementation of an effective operations strategy, standards, policies, procedures and best practices.
- Interface with the Engineering Teams to ensure the appropriate level of support is provided to facilitate resolution of design solutions that promote constructability and value engineering.
- Review the performance of the construction supervisors and the contractors and take appropriate action where improvements are required.
- Ensure the required support is provided to facilitate the timely payment of invoices and resolution of variations and claims.
- Provide task force support to each project during start up and to resolve problems during construction.
- Act as the point of contact for the client
- BSc. Civil Engineering or any relevant degree
- Minimum 20 years post graduate construction experience
- From a contracting background
- Delivered high rise towers (G25+)
- Chartered or Professional Engineer
- Fluency in English
- Experience use of P6 & MS Office.