Senior Geoenvironmental Consultant - near Torquay
An exciting opportunity has become available for a Senior Geoenvironmental Consultant to join a well-established multi-disciplinary environmental consultancy based near Torquay. The role is predominantly office-based but will require you to be available to attend sites throughout the UK when required.
As a Senior Geoenvironmental Consultant, you will plan and supervise Site Investigations, conduct Phase 1 and Phase 2 assessments, remedial strategy reports and liaise with clients.
You will be liaising with colleagues within other technical teams and you will be working on varied projects, including buildings, land development, railways and highways. Clients will include public bodies, property developers and utilities companies amongst others.
The successful candidate will draw upon their experience of conducting Contaminated land assessments and Site Investigations to assist with all Geoenvironmental aspects of projects and to progress within the Geosciences team of this consultancy.
It is essential that candidates hold a strong Degree in Geoenvironmental Sciences, Geology or a similar technical discipline and have a keen interest in contaminated land, geology and geoenvironmental engineering.
Additional criteria that must be met:
- Vast demonstrable experience of completing Phase 1, 2 and 3 assessments
- Site investigation experience, including gas and groundwater monitoring
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to write technical reports to a high standard
- Good independent and team working skills
- A thorough understanding of UK land contamination policies and regulations
- An interest in land quality, engineering geology and site investigations techniques
- Strong career progression aspirations
- Ability to travel to sites across the UK, including occasional overnight stays
- Right to work in the UK
- UK driving license
In return, you will receive a competitive salary with benefits and excellent career progression opportunities within a long-standing and ever expanding consultancy.
Commutable locations include: Taunton, Exeter, Dunsford, Tiverton, Chilton, Ilfracombe.
My client is keen to interview suitable candidates as soon as possible. If you are interested in this role and fulfil the criteria, please apply today.
If you are searching for other roles relating to Geotechnical or Geoenvironmental Engineering please do not hesitate to contact Ronnie Cooke on 01792 365 006 or email firstname.lastname@example.org . We have many more vacancies available on our website at www.penguinrecruitment.co.uk. This is a permanent role.
Penguin Recruitment is operating as a Recruitment Agency in respect to this position.