Senior Geo-Environmental Consultant near Sunderland in Durham
An exciting opportunity has become available for a Senior Geo-Environmental Consultant to join a leading UK-based Multi-disciplinary Consultancy in their Durham office.
The successful candidate will assist with business development and project management within the Geoenvironmental team, and will be involved in a variety of projects, including commercial, residential and industrial developments across the UK. The work involved in projects will vary, including Contaminated Land, drilling, Ground Investigations, Slope Stability analysis and In-situ testing amongst many more.
Candidates are required to have a strong academic background, including a BSc in a relevant discipline such as Geology, Geotechnical Engineering, Earth Sciences or similar. Having a MSc would be beneficial but is not essential.
As a Senior Geo-Environmental Consultant, you will be expected to:
- Work both within an office environment and attend sites across the UK
- Co-ordinate and oversee Site Investigations
- Monitor site activities
- Compile technical reports, including factual and interpretive
- Assist with Business development, including liaising with existing clients and winning new business
- Manage projects, including technical and financial aspects
- Be responsible for the management of resources
- Prepare project proposals and plans
- Manage sub-contractors
- Carry out laboratory testing
- Mentor junior staff
To be considered for this role, candidates must have vast demonstrable experience within a similar consultancy with good technical knowledge of Geotechnics including property developments, specifically contaminated land.
Candidates must be ambitious and eager to progress within a business development role at an expanding consultancy.
Candidates are required to meet the following criteria:
- Experience of managing Site Investigations
- Experience of managing junior staff
- Strong technical report writing skills, including Desk Studies and Site Investigations
- Experience of managing Contaminated Land and/or Geotechnical Site Assessments
- An excellent business development background
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work within a team and as an individual
- Capable of creating and maintaining professional networks with clients, subcontractors and third parties
- Member of a professional body
- Working towards Chartered status
Candidates are required to have a driving licence as they will be expected to visit sites regularly.
This role offers a competitive salary (experience dependant) along with benefits and excellent career progression opportunities within a well-established consultancy.
Commutable locations include: Hartlepool, Sunderland, Middlesbrough, Darlington, Gateshead, Lanchester Wingate.
If this role is of interest to you or if you are searching for other roles relating to Geotechnical or Geoenvironmental Engineering please do not hesitate to contact Ronnie Cooke on 01792 365 006 or email email@example.com . We have many more vacancies available on our website at www.penguinrecruitment.co.uk. This is a permanent role.
Penguin Recruitment is operating as a Recruitment Agency in respect to this position.