Senior Geo-Environmental Consultant near Sunderland
6 days left
- Job Type
An exciting opportunity has become available for a Senior Geo-Environmental Consultant to join a leading UK-based Multi-disciplinary Consultancy in their office based near Sunderland.
The successful candidate will assist with business development and project management, and will be involved in a variety of projects, including commercial, residential and industrial developments across the UK.
Candidates are required to have a strong academic background, including a BSc in a relevant discipline such as Geology, Geotechnical Engineering, Earth Sciences or similar. Having a MSc would be beneficial but is not essential.
As a Senior Geo-Environmental Consultant, your responsibilities will include:
- Working both within an office environment and attending sites across the UK
- Overseeing Site Investigations
- Writing technical reports
- Business development, including liaising with existing clients and winning new business
- Managing projects, including technical and financial aspects
- Management of resources
- Preparing project proposals and plans
- Managing sub-contractors
- Completing laboratory testing
- Monitoring sites
- Data assessment
- Managing junior staff
In order to be considered for this role, candidates must have vast demonstrable experience within a similar consultancy with a good technical knowledge of Geotechnics for property developments, specifically contaminated land.
Candidates must be ambitious and eager to progress within a business development role at an expanding consultancy.
Candidates are required to meet the following criteria:
- Experience of managing Site Investigations
- Experience of mentoring junior staff
- Strong technical report writing skills, including Desk Studies and Site Investigations
- Experience of managing Contaminated Land and/or Geotechnical Site Assessments
- An excellent business development background
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work within a team and as an individual
- Capable of creating and maintaining professional networks with clients, subcontractors and third parties
- Member of a professional body
- Working towards Chartered status
Candidates are required to have a driving licence as they will be expected to visit sites regularly.
This role offers a competitive salary (experience dependant) along with benefits and excellent career progression opportunities within a well-established consultancy.
Commutable locations include: Hartlepool, Durham, Middlesbrough, Darlington, Gateshead, Wolsingham.
If this role is of interest to you or if you are searching for other roles relating to Geotechnical or Geoenvironmental Engineering please do not hesitate to contact Ronnie Cooke on 01792 365 006 or email email@example.com . We have many more vacancies available on our website at www.penguinrecruitment.co.uk. This is a permanent role.
Penguin Recruitment is operating as a Recruitment Agency in respect to this position.
Apply for Senior Geo-Environmental Consultant near Sunderland
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly