Senior Geo-Environmental Consultant - Durham
My client, an established UK-based Multi-disciplinary Consultancy is seeking a Senior Geo-Environmental Consultant to join their Durham office, in order to oversee site investigations, assist with business development and project management.
The successful candidate will be involved in a variety of projects, including commercial, residential and industrial developments across the UK.
Candidates must have a strong academic background, including a BSc in a relevant discipline such as Geology, Geotechnical Engineering, Earth Sciences or similar. Having a MSc would be beneficial but is not necessary.
As a Senior Geo-Environmental Consultant, your responsibilities will include:
- Working both within an office environment and visiting sites
- Business development, including liaising with existing clients and winning new business
- Project management, including technical and financial aspects
- Management of resources
- Preparing project proposals and plans
- Managing sub-contractors
- Completion of laboratory testing
- Site monitoring
- Data assessment
- Managing junior staff
- Writing technical reports
In order to be considered for this role, candidates must have vast demonstrable experience within a similar consultancy, with a good technical knowledge of Geotechnics for property developments, specifically contaminated land.
Candidates must be ambitious and eager to progress within a business development role at an expanding consultancy.
Candidates must meet the following criteria:
- Site Investigation management experience
- Experience of mentoring junior staff
- Excellent technical report writing skills, including Desk Studies and Site Investigations
- Experience of managing Contaminated Land and/or Geotechnical Site Assessments
- A strong business development background
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work within a team and as an individual
- Capable of building and maintaining professional relationships and networks with clients, subcontractors and third parties
- Being a member of a Member of a professional body working towards Chartered status
As the successful candidate will visit sites regularly, they will be required to have a UK drivers' licence.
This role offers a competitive salary (experience dependant) along with benefits and excellent career progression opportunities within a well-established consultancy.
Commutable locations include: Sunderland, Middlesbrough, Darlington and Hartlepool.
If this role is of interest to you or if you are searching for other roles relating to Geotechnical or Geoenvironmental Engineering please do not hesitate to contact Ronnie Cooke on 01792 365 006 or email firstname.lastname@example.org . We have many more vacancies available on our website at www.penguinrecruitment.co.uk. This is a permanent role.
Penguin Recruitment is operating as a Recruitment Agency in respect to this position.