Geo-Environmental Engineer - Birmingham
My client, a leading UK multi-disciplinary Engineering Consultancy, is seeking an enthusiastic Geo Environmental Engineer to join their ever-expanding team, based in Birmingham.
This exciting opportunity offers the chance to conduct Phase 1 and Phase 2 Site Investigations, produce Geotechnical Designs and assist with Project Management on a variety of projects, with a focus on Contaminated Land.
As a Geo Environmental Engineer, you will be expected to:
- Obtain site investigation field data
- Visit sites away from the office
- Conduct Phase 1 Desk Studies
- Complete Phase 2 Site Investigations
- Write technical reports
- Contribute to Geo Environmental Designs, in particular to built environment projects
- Assist with Project Management
- Aid the preparation of site investigation scopes, proposals and tenders.
To be considered for this role, candidates are required to have a strong degree in a relevant discipline, including Environmental or Earth Sciences.
It is also essential that candidates have a MSc in Geotechnical Engineering, Environmental Science, Engineering Geology or similar relevant field, with a focus on Contaminated Land.
Additional requirements include:
- Having Geo Environmental Consultancy experience, preferably in the built environment
- Experience in and knowledge of Contaminated Land
- Previous involvement in managing Site Investigation works
- Highly numerate, with ability to understand and manage large datasets
- Ability to produce written technical reports to highest standard
- Strong communication skills
- Team player
- Attention to detail
- Strong focus on health and safety.
Please note that the successful candidate will be required to attend site visits, therefore having a valid driving licence would be beneficial.
This role offers a competitive salary, Company Pension Scheme and career progression opportunities.
If this role is of interest to you or if you are searching for other roles relating to Geotechnical or Geo Environmental Engineering please do not hesitate to contact Ronnie Cooke on 01792 362015 or email email@example.com . We have many more vacancies available on our website at www.penguinrecruitment.co.uk. This is a permanent role.
Penguin Recruitment is operating as a Recruitment Agency in respect to this position.