Assistant Environmental Engineer - High Wycombe
My client is one of the UK's leading independent Development and Infrastructure Consultancies, providing trusted advice to create value from land and buildings. This dynamic company is seeking an enthusiastic Assistant Environmental Engineer to join an established team, near High Wycombe.
This exciting opportunity will give you the chance to work with a team of experienced engineers, planners and economists in a variety of Geotechnical and Geo-environmental projects. The company prides itself on being ambitious and working collaboratively to delivery multi-disciplinary projects.
Key responsibilities and duties include:
- Phase 1 Ground Condition Assessment Reports, desk studies including Tier 1 qualitative risk assessments
- Phase 2 Site Investigations
- Field sampling and monitoring of land gas, ground and surface waters
- Geo-environmental data assessments, analysis and reports including risk assessments using commercial models such as CLEA and RTM
- Liaising with in-house and external clients on a variety of projects
- Remediation for land development sites
- Specification, procurement and supervision of remedial schemes
- Site acquisition
- Site construction
- Site and office based work
Applicants are required to have a strong degree in a relevant discipline such as Geology, Environmental Science or Earth Sciences, including modules in Geology and Maths.
Having a Master's degree in Geotechnical Engineering, Contaminated Land, Environmental Management or equivalent would be advantageous, but is not essential.
Further requirements include:
- Experience of soil and rock logging
- Knowledge of soil and water chemistry laboratory methods and scheduling
- An interest in and knowledge of contaminated land and remediation
- Computer literacy in MS Office suite and software such as CLEA and Holebase.
Demonstrable experience of working for a UK consultancy is essential, with a strong understanding of Geo-Environmental principles including soil and groundwater chemistry and hydrogeology.
Having experience of quantitative risk assessment methods and/or software, Haswaste online and Materials Management Plans would also be advantageous.
Candidates must be enthusiastic team players with good communication skills in order to liaise with a wide range of stakeholders. Taking on new challenges to learn and expand knowledge is encouraged in this role.
This role offers a competitive salary, training and opportunities for career development throughout the UK.
If this role is of interest to you or if you are searching for other roles relating to Geotechnical or Geoenvironmental Engineering please do not hesitate to contact Ronnie Cooke on 01792 362015 or email firstname.lastname@example.org . We have many more vacancies available on our website at www.penguinrecruitment.co.uk. This is a permanent role.
Penguin Recruitment is operating as a Recruitment Agency in respect to this position.