Here at Jackson we are a big believer that happy people do a good job!
We're savvy enough to recognise that it's the people on the ground who make our organisation work and that's why we invest in all our staff, to help them develop inspiring and enjoyable careers.
We are now on the lookout for an experienced Senior Estimator to join Jackson…. This position could be based in a few of our offices across the UK including Ipswich, Kent, Chertsey and Huntingdon.
The main purpose of this role is to deal with the preparation, processing and submission of tenders for contracts by calculating the costs involved in supplying a product or service that meets the client's technical specification.
- Manage and co-ordinate information for bids and tenders within designated area
- Researching materials, equipment and labour costs
- Gain and understanding of what the client's needs are
- Collecting quotes from suppliers and sub-contractors
- Planning job timescales
- Assessing and advising on commercial risk
- Preparing and submitting quotations for work
- Helping with bids for new contracts and supporting buying activities
- Monitoring the stages of a project to make sure that costs are kept in line with forecasts
- Cleary convey the financial elements of a tender to site staff at tender handover
- Ensure all work complies with quality, safety and environmental policies and the requirements of the company procedures
- Involvement in review/ input to quality submissions
Are you the person we are looking for?
This is no ordinary company, here at Jackson we pride ourselves on being a first class firm and for that we need first class people!
We are seeking a self-motivated individual with excellent communication and presentation skills, who has good commercial awareness and problem solving skills. Must also have strong numerical and analytical skills and be able to pay close attention to detail.
The ideal candidate will have a strong background in estimating in civil engineering, with experience of projects of a similar nature which include highways, earthworks, infrastructure and EA projects. You must also have sound knowledge of spreadsheets and other estimating packages.
This role is mainly office based but occasional site visits will be required to expand technical knowledge and company culture.
We also offer some fantastic perks!
We don't just offer a great place to work with a family feel atmosphere, we also offer company car or car allowance, life assurance cover, company pension scheme (we match up to 6%), 25 days holiday plus bank holidays, childcare voucher scheme, a cycle to work scheme and an employee assistance programme.
If this sounds like you, and you would like to join a well-established, positive, no nonsense company then we want to hear from you!
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
We are committed to equality of opportunity for all staff and applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships. We also place high importance on our inclusive recruitment policy and will do our very best to support those applicants who may need adjustments in order to take part in the recruitment process. Please do let us know if you require any additional assistance or adjustments on 01473 238300.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore if we have not responded to your application within two weeks please note that on this occasion your application has not been successful.