Here at Jackson we are a big believer that happy people do a good job!
We're savvy enough to recognise that it's the people on the ground who make our organisation work and that's why we invest in all our staff, to help them develop inspiring and enjoyable careers.
Due to increased workload and continued success we are now recruiting for experienced Site Engineers for our Northern Region, initially working around the Rugby, Bedford, and Milton Keynes area.
The Main Duties for our Site Engineers are:
- Be proficient in setting out techniques, establish and maintain site positional and level control and manage the as-builts requirements for project.
- Manage survey equipment requirement for the project and ensure surveying and other test equipment is suitable for purpose.
- Manage setting out requirements on site, own time/tasks & self-development.
- Manage the construction drawings/register, carry out material take off's
- Carry out relevant inspections and testing to ensure conformance of the works with the design and specification.
- Complete relevant site records as required.
- Prepare hazard/risk assessments and method statements
- Ensure all work complies with quality, safety and environmental policies and the requirements of the company procedures.
- Adherence to Project Management Plan.
- Ensure buried services are located and highlighted to relevant personnel, and service plans/drawings marked accordingly and issue Permits to Break Ground
.Are you the person we are looking for?
This is no ordinary company, here at Jackson we pride ourselves on being a first class firm and for that we need first class people!
We are after someone with good communication skills who is ambitious to progress within the company who is also a great team player.
We are seeking someone who has experience of working on Section 278 / 38 and experience of general civil engineering including structures, drainage and utility management. You must also have a CSCS card in the appropriate discipline and ideally hold a CITB SMSTS qualification.
Due to the nature of the role a full UK driving license is essential.
We also offer some fantastic perks!
We don't just offer a great place to work with a family feel atmosphere, we also offer life assurance cover (4 x annual salary), company car or car allowance, company pension scheme (we match up to 6%), 25 days holiday plus bank holidays, childcare voucher scheme, cycle to work scheme and an employee assistance programme.
If this sounds like you, and you would like to join a well-established, positive, no nonsense company then we want to hear from you!
We are committed to equality of opportunity for all staff and applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships. We also place high importance on our inclusive recruitment policy and will do our very best to support those applicants who may need adjustments in order to take part in the recruitment process. Please do let us know if you require any additional assistance or adjustments on 01473 238300.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore if we have not responded to your application within two weeks please note that on this occasion your application has not been successful.