We are looking for an Environmental Advisor to join our Utilities team on our Thames Water project.
- Promote continuous improvement of environmental / sustainability performance of the project.
- Develop and outline the business case for sustainable initiatives.
- Communicate the requirements of current applicable environmental legislation, particularly the water sector.
- Participate in the development, regular review and update of the project Environmental Management System.
- Carry out site inspections and ensure legal compliance to applicable environmental legislation is maintained.
- Support external liaison with regulators i.e. Environment Agency, Local Authorities etc.
- Degree level in appropriate Environmental / Sustainability discipline
- Utility Industry Experience (Water Sector desirable).
- Full driving licence
- Moderate IT skills and awareness of knowledge management.
- Member of a relevant professional body or demonstrable relevant experience in the environment and sustainability field.
A career with us means you'll have the freedom to develop your skills and leave your mark on the communities in which we work. Our competitive benefits package will help to enhance your life outside work, too.
We thrive through embracing differences, whether they be social backgrounds, ethnicity, disability, gender, age, religion, sexuality and any other protected characteristic - we know that diversity opens a rich potential for new ways of thinking, helping us to build successful and winning teams. We call it Naturally Skanska.
Our utilities team covers everything from design and development to installation and repair, for water, gas and power networks across the UK. We have over 40 years' of experience in helping to ensure a safe, secure and sustainable supply of energy and water to millions of households and businesses.