With more than twenty five years' experience of servicing the infrastructure, engineering and construction industries, our client are excited to be developing their consultancy service offering in the London market. You'll be joining a business who have hit the ground running, developing a client base across the city and have an exciting growth plan to deliver over the next 12months.
You will provide invaluable support to the team leader, taking responsibility for completing site works in good time and using excellent communication skills to liaise with onsite drilling teams and clients. You will receive training, leadership and mentoring from the team leader whilst also benefitting from exposure to a varied workload and being trusted to work autonomously. As the third team member in a growing team, it's important you bring good work ethic and a proactive approach to project work into the team - you'll be setting the precedent for future growth! You will be supported at every turn, with development towards Chartership included, but those demonstrating ability to use their own initiate to apply what they've learnt in the industry so far, will be best suited to this role offering bags of potential to fast track your consultancy career.
As part of your role you'll see yourself completing site works, undertake sampling, scheduling lab tests, presenting foundation options and compiling factual and interpretive reports. This role presents the unique opportunity for an early career consultant to get exposure to client and project management & business development opportunities, so you'll be someone who's ambitious to crack on with your career.
Qualifications and experience you'll need;
- Degree in a relevant subject e.g. Geology, Civil Engineering, Geotechnical Engineering or Engineering Geology
- Post graduate qualification in Geotechnical Engineering or Engineering Geology, desirable but not essential
- Relevant industry experience including Soil logging to Eurocode 7 - BS 5930 essential
- Scheduling laboratory testing
- Competent in geotechnical design for deep and shallow foundations, basements, slopes, earthworks, ground improvement and retaining walls
- Proficiency in geotechnical design software desirable - (e.g. pdsip software).
- Experience writing basement impact assessments and ground movement analysis desirable
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Good organisational skills, with the ability to prioritise workloads and meet deadlines
- Robust understanding of relevant legislation, technical guidance & codes of practice
- Full UK driving licence essential
Apply for Geotechnical Engineer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly