Assistant Commissioning Manager-Thames Tideway Tunnel, London, UK
CH2M/Jacobs would like to recruit an Assistant Commissioning Manager to work on the Thames Tideway Tunnel (TTT) project in London.
The River Thames is at the heart of London but in recent years, it has often been overlooked. Tideway wants to help change all that, and we want you to be part of our ambition to breathe life back in to our majestic river.
Tideway is a new company that launched in 2015 with the sole task of tackling the current sewage pollution, and more importantly, to reconnect London with its river for business and leisure.
It is one of the largest construction projects of its type in Europe, but the Thames Tideway Tunnel is not just an engineering project, it’s about building a London that is fit for your children, and even your great, great, grandchildren.
Every year, tens of millions of tonnes of sewage pollution spills from discharge gates along the tidal river embankment, and that simply must stop. Construction on the tunnel started in 2016 and will take seven years to complete.
The Assistant Commissioning Manager will serve as a member of Tideway’s System Commissioning Management (SCM) Team.
This position will develop plans and manage tasks within the System Commissioning Task Order scope of work, which will be further detailed in the System Commissioning Plan and the System Acceptance Plan. The position will have extensive liaison with Tideway Delivery Teams and Thames Water employees to ensure commissioning deliverables support the operations and maintenance of the TTT.
Assistant Commissioning Management Responsibilities
• Provide support to the System Commissioning Manager in planning, coordinating and directing the System Commissioning activities
• Review and support coordination of Contractor’s Pre-System (Worksite) Commissioning plans and programmes
• Write and produce plans and technical documents communicating System Commissioning and Asset Management plans, guidance and instructions
• Assist in developing the System Commissioning Plan and methodologies; provide review and coordination of Contractor submittals
• Assist in refining and managing the System Commissioning programme
• Track Contractor submittals related to testing and commissioning as well Asset Management, including Operating Manuals, Maintenance Manuals, Health and Safety information, and updates to the computerised maintenance management system (CMMS)
• Develop and implement (liaising with Thames Water staff) training plans for Systems Operations and Maintenance
• Assist the SCM with successful System Commissioning scoping and project planning, tracking, management and delivery
• Provide technical and administrative support and participate in the System Commissioning Steering Group meetings
• Review Contractor submittals and respond to requests for information from Tideway’s Delivery or Design Authority teams
• Support the SCM team weekly and monthly reporting products
The minimum qualifications for this position are:
• Excellent technical writing skills
• Significant experience in commissioning water/wastewater works such as pump stations, tunnels, and/or treatment works
• Significant experience in planning and managing projects through the commissioning phase
• Significant experience in Asset Management practices for water/wastewater utilities, especially in Commissioning, Operations and/or Maintenance
• Experience developing training plans and materials
• Comfortable in leading technical teams
• Broad knowledge of MEICA and SCADA for water / wastewater systems
Education and qualifications:
Degree in Civil or Mechanical Engineering or equivalent training and experience
This role is only open to applicants able to accept local employment contract conditions and not expatriate employment terms. Please note that this role is only considering applications with valid working rights for the UK. CH2M will not sponsor an employment visa to fill this position.
Learn more about our collaborative, friendly culture and the ways in which we’re driven to support diversity through multiple networks and initiatives. We support and encourage every employee’s professional growth and provide flexible working conditions where appropriate. We’re full of initiatives for creating a diverse and interesting place for professionals to work, as well as advance their career.
CH2M is an Equal Opportunity Employer who is committed to the safety and wellbeing of all.