Regeneration Operative (x3)
Hays are excited to be working in partnership with SUEZ Water Technologies & Solutions (SWTS) who are currently recruiting for 3x Regeneration Operatives to join their team in Peterborough. For more than 100 years, SUEZ has been at the forefront of innovation, from the SUEZ Canal to addressing water scarcity. Finding solutions to the world's biggest problems has never been more important than right now.
As the Regeneration Operative your role will involve working with a wide range of water treatment equipment to guarantee the best quality for their customers. You will be trained in the use and handling of many different types of resin used in water treatment, this will also include training in the running and maintenance of the plant machinery used on site i.e. the water storing tanks.
This is a varied role and could be a starting point for someone who wants to build a career in an exciting but challenging industry. The role offers a great opportunity to work with a global leader in water treatment who provide opportunities to progress your career within the organisation. It is possible to become a specialist in a technical area, take on a supervisory role or even join their management team.
We know that most candidates won’t have experience with water treatment equipment, but you are likely to be the type of candidate they are looking for, if you like to understand how things work, you appreciate a day filled with lots of varied tasks and you enjoy getting stuck into a challenge and seeing a task through to completion, then this may just be the job for you. They offer a comprehensive training program to support you to develop and gain new skills to enable you to be successful within this role and the water treatment industry.
- Maintaining the quality of all the products being processed within your shift.
- Ensuring all products or rework are processed in a timely and effective manner.
- To ensure that any documents are read, understood and followed precisely. Additionally, it is necessary to fill in production and quality control paperwork daily.
- Ensure all duties are performed in a safe manner within the site rules & current health and safety legislation.
- The job will involve working with equipment which is pressurised or contains chemicals but all relevant training will be provided.
- Some tasks will require some heavy lifting so this will need to be taken into consideration when applying.
The desire to take on new tasks is important to SUEZ. They would particularly value applicants with (or willing to gain) a counterbalance forklift or C+E articulated truck licence, and also value those applicants with (or willing to gain) a qualification in First Aid.
The ideal candidate will have the following;
- Keen eye for detail
- Good people skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced & changing environment
- Able to process assigned tasks in a time effective manner
- Good numeracy skills & some computer skills
- Able to perform in a safe and efficient manner
- Ability to follow detailed instruction.
- Willingness to learn new skills & take on additional responsibility
- Work on your own initiative but be able to work in a team environment.
In return SUEZ are offering a competitive salary and a great range of benefits. Some options are; Private Health Care with additional support focusing on your wellbeing, a very competitive pension scheme, childcare vouchers and access to several high street discounts.
Your role will be shift patterned and these are distributed on a rota basis. Day shift + overtime. Shift pattern after training period: Friday, Saturday, Sunday & Monday. SWTS is an Equal Opportunity Employer who are also offering a great working environment, professional and career development and to work for an innovative organisation who are a worldwide leader .
For more information about the role and organisation please visit hays.co.uk/jobs/suez-water or for an informal discussion please contact Matthew Brown who is the retained consultant working in partnership with SUEZ, or click apply now with your up to date CV.