Principal Geo & Environmental Engineer/ Team Leader- Birmingham
We now have a fantastic opportunity for a Principal Geo & Environmental Team Leader to join our Birmingham office. This is a key role supporting the Business Manager in Birmingham and National Market Leader G&E in implementing the strategy for Geotechnical and Environmental Services across the UK.
• Provide effective leadership of team carrying out ground investigations, geotechnical analysis and contaminated land assessments.
• To undertake geotechnical design analysis in support of Civils design teams including slope stability, retaining wall and foundation designs.
• Assist in business development of the geo environmental discipline and actively undertake business development and marketing, with the aim of creating income streams for the wider team
Key benefits of the role include:
• Competitive salary and benefits package
• Opportunity for advancement through technical and business management streams
• The opportunity to develop experience across a broad range of sectors
To apply for the role you will need:
• BSc. or BEng. Degree in Engineering Geology, Geotechnical Engineering, or Civil Engineering
• Chartered status with a relevant organisation
• Extensive professional experience in geo environmental engineering as well as the ability and experience to provide leadership of a team by example
This role is a fantastic opportunity if you are a Senior engineer looking for your next challenge and step up in your career.
At Opus we attract and retain talented people through competitive remuneration and rewarding performance. We offer a flexible benefits programme via Opus - Flex that allows you to structure your remuneration package to suit your lifestyle. Further details on the benefits we offer can be found on the attachment at the foot of this page.
If you are keen to develop a long term career with a growing global organisation, please apply below or for more information on the career opportunities with Opus please visit the careers section of our website:
Opus is committed to a workplace that embraces equal employment opportunity & diversity. We are dedicated to creating and sustaining a professional and respectful work environment which supports mutual trust and assists each individual to reach their full potential - we therefore welcome applications from those who want part-time hours or job share opportunities