Sustainable Development Manager
Acre is currently undertaking a search on behalf of Eurotunnel to identify an exceptional individual to join their team based in Folkestone, Kent. As a strategic gateway to and from Europe for passengers and freight, Eurotunnel is the fastest, most reliable and environmentally friendly cross channel operator, between the UK and France. They are looking for a UK based individual capable of driving forward their sustainable development strategy, encompassing CSR, environment and social responsibility.
The successful individual will be responsible for:
- Working closely with the French based Director of Sustainability on strategic sustainability issues and opportunities for the Group
- Leading the implementation of the “Green Plan” for the Group
- Being the UK lead on climate change, CRC and interaction with the Carbon Trust and other external agencies
- Coordinating and assuring compliance with environmental management systems
As the UK Lead on Sustainability, this is an exciting opportunity to join an instantly recognisable organisation at a time of real change. To be considered for this opportunity, you will need:
- A strong first degree in a relevant subject, ideally with further relevant qualifications
- Extensive experience across environment and sustainability in an in-house position
- Good working knowledge of UK legislation relating to environment and sustainability (knowledge of French legislation would be highly beneficial)
- Exceptional written and spoken communication skills, with business level French desirable although not pre-requisite.
Part of the French owned Groupe Eurotunnel SA, Eurotunnel is going through a period of exciting growth and this opportunity could lead to wider responsibilities within Group which not only encompasses tunnel infrastructure and shuttle operations, but rail freight and key infrastructure investments. For consideration, please send your CV in the first instance to email@example.com or call Andrew Tew on 020 7400 5572. Please provide your CV in Microsoft Word or Rich Text format only. We thank all applicants who respond, but only those short listed will be contacted.