This job is no longer available
Assistant Trading Manager / Trading Manager - Metals Purchasing
Overview of Vacancy
Introduction to the role:
B.W Riddles is looking to recruit a trader for scrap metal purchasing based in Lincolnshire to join our Metals Trading Team.
About the role
Key responsibilities of the role include;
• Material sourcing responsibility for the designated depot/area
• Ensure sufficient volumes are bought for the depot
• Maintain margins and volumes in line with budget while always maintaining gross margin
• Work closely with manager on all purchases and sales
• Develop new suppliers for the depot
• Review the quality of Metal grades to be prepared
General management between all B.W Riddle yards.
The successful candidate will also display strong communication skills, good understanding of the metals recycling industry, and a can-do attitude for the position.
Qualifications and experience
Applicants must be able to demonstrate key skills in ferrous and non ferrous metal grade identification. Working as part of a small tight knit team the successful candidate must have experience in scrap metal trading and the ability to negotiate face to face.
Candidates will require a full UK driving licence and IT skills including Word and Excel.