This job is no longer available
Overview of Vacancy
Introduction to the role
SITA UK is looking to recruit a trader for scrap metal purchasing based in North Tyneside to join our Metals Trading Team.
About the role
Key responsibilities of the role include;
· Material sourcing responsibility for the designated depot/area
· Set the merchant prices for the depot
· Ensure sufficient volumes are bought for the depot
· Maintain margins and volumes in line with budget while always maintaining gross margin
· Work closely with line manager on all purchases and sales
· Develop new suppliers for the depot
· Review the quality of Metal grades to be prepared
The successful candidate will also display strong communication skills, good understanding of the metals recycling industry, and a can-do attitude for the position.
Qualifications and experience
Applicants must be able to demonstrate key skills in ferrous and non ferrous metal grade identification. Working as part of a small tight knit team the successful candidate must have experience in scrap metal trading and the ability to negotiate face to face. A track record of working within a customer facing environment is essential.
Candidates will require a full UK driving licenceand IT skills including Word and Excel.
The full job description and organisation chart are attached
NOTE: if you apply for any of our vacancies and do not receive an automated response within 24 hours of submitting your application, please telephone our recruitment helpline on 01934 524155