Environmental Health Officer
Environmental Health Officer specialising in Health and Safety required in Central London.
Your new company
This Central London based public sector organisation is currently looking to recruit an Environmental Health Officer specialising in Health and Safety to join their Public Protection and Licensing team.
This team are responsible for managing and organising effective provisions of specialist environmental health technical skills and knowledge to maintain and safeguard standards relating to people's health and well-being and to contribute to delivery of the organisation's objectives and priorities.
Your new role
As an Environmental Health Officer specialising in Health and Safety, you will be responsible for the delivery of a specialist service, carrying out a range of skilled activities in Environmental Health, to maximise service quality and continuity. You are also required to maintain, develop and review systems, processes and procedures and manage small projects or contracts to secure a cost effective service and continuous improvement.
* Develop, implement and enforce environmental health policies, using specialist technical skills and knowledge to maintain and safeguard standards relating to people's health and well-being
* Carry out routine or unplanned visits and inspections to ensure compliance with legislation and taking action to improve conditions, taking photos, producing drawings, removing samples and conducting interviews as part of the inspection process
* Investigate complaints from the general public and provide advice and assistance to householders and businesses
* Give talks at public enquiries, meetings and exhibitions, as well as ensuring compliance through education, advice and enforcement
* Take enforcement action, initiating legal proceedings, preparing and giving evidence in court
What you'll need to succeed
To be the successful candidate you will have a Degree/Diploma in Environmental Health or an equivalent qualification and have experience as an Environmental Enforcement Officer within the public sector. You will have excellent communication and organisation skills, and the ability to investigate, analyse and provide solutions to problems.
Experience of responding effectively to changing demands and priorities, meeting targets and deadlines and maintaining quality services essential.
What you'll get in return
Competitive Market hourly rate
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.