Smoke Free Officer
Smoke Free Officer required in East London for public sector organisation.
Your new company
This public sector organisation based in East London is currently looking to recruit a Smoke Free Technical Officer to join their Trading Standards and Environmental Health department.
This team are responsible for enforcing the Smoke Free legislation and to promote the cessation of use Tobacco products, carrying out surveys and studies on the use and sale of Tobacco products within the Borough.
Your new role
As a Smoke Free Technical Officer you are expected to have full knowledge to undertake the role of an authorised Officer under the Health Act 2006. Serving fixed penalty notices, preparing prosecutions, giving advice and undertaking presentations on issues relating to smoke free, tobacco control, cessation of the use of products and sales of Tobacco products. Additional responsibilities include:
* To undertake programmed and complaint inspections, surveys and investigations under all the relevant Environmental Health Legislation, including visiting sites alone taking necessary action, such visits will involve attending locations and encountering situations which may involve personal risk.
* Provide technical advice on all issues relating to Smoke Free work and be responsible for ensuring that such advice is given in accordance with the best professional standards, where appropriate assuming and exercising delegated statutory authority.
* Ensure compliance with current legislation making decisions on applications or dealing with issues as they arise, or within prescribed time scales, and using enforcement and other legal measures as necessary.
* Carry out and assist in the enforcement and legal process functions in commercial premises, including the prosecution and the execution of warrants necessitating the forced entry to premises.
* Prepare case reports and make recommendations for legal proceedings and provide briefings for legal representatives as necessary on cases.
What you'll need to succeed
To be the successful candidate you will have experience of acting as a regulator in the field of Environmental Health or other regulatory area and be aware of the issues surrounding Tobacco Control. You will be able to demonstrate skills, knowledge and competencies to enforce Smoke Free legislation and persuade stakeholders on the benefits of giving up Tobacco use. You will also have the ability to prepare, write and present reports and well as being able to respond effectively in pressurised and difficult situations.
What you'll get in return
Competitive Hourly Rate
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Apply for Smoke Free Officer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly