2 days left
London - Travel to Derby on occasions
Salary up to £28k + package
This is a great opportunity for an experienced Graduate Site Engineer to join the UK's leading steel manufacturer. You will be required to attend sites within the UK and Ireland to train installation teams and gather critical technical information. With a particular focus on large scale and highly complex projects you will liaise with internal and client design teams to ensure all parties are aware of any issues which could result in additional costs. It will be your responsibility protect the reputation of the company by preparing reports and providing solutions to technical issues in a timely manner. You must communicate effectively with all stakeholders, to ensure site build programmes are accurate and that we set new industry standards for customer service.
It is likely you will have a Degree in Building and Construction Management**
The key attributes in you successfully fulfilling this role will include the following skills; communication, organisation, problem solving, accuracy, negotiation, teamwork and flexibility.
Working as a Site Engineer you will:
- Promote Health & Safety in the workplace, displaying excellent personal safety and challenging others when unsafe behaviour is observed. This extends to ensuring all your reports are aware of and behave in accordance with the company Health & Safety guidelines.
- Professionally Manage your Live Projects
- Control and organise multiple projects with a pro-active client focus.
- Attend site and design team meetings to gather information.
- Co-ordinate design information provided by all stakeholders, understand any areas of conflict and agree solutions with all parties.
- Provide clients and installation teams with adequate training to ensure our products are installed in a safe and correct manner. Monitor this installation by checking the client's performance on subsequent visits and produce reports when they fail to follow our instruction.
- Monitor client project build programmes and feed this information back to the project teams, production team and logistics team so they can meet client expectations and also work on the right job at the right time.
- Produce reports and presentations as required for your projects, detailing site issues and protecting the interests of the company. Work closely with other departments to gather all relevant information.
- Create and maintain a project diary for every job and record the performance levels of all stakeholders.
- Record all the relevant information in the project diary.
- Keep an accurate record within your project diary of any items we do not charge the client for and the associated costs for these items.
- Communicate effectively with the Structural Engineering team by raising any structural concerns at the first available opportunity. In severe cases of structural concern you should advise the client to stop building immediately.
- Consider the accuracy and relevance of all products being designed, approved or installed and act swiftly to prevent any negative outcome.
- Conduct spot checks on products delivered to site and question their structural integrity with the Structural Engineering Team.
- Provide Great Customer Service
Our client is offering a generous starting salary, regular pay reviews, pension contribution and bonus schemes.
In order to discuss this Site Engineer role and other similar roles within Engineering please call MIKAELA on 01792 341104 or email your CV to Mikaela.Rabaiotti@penguinrecruitment.co.uk
Apply for Site Engineer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly