Procurement Specialist - Buildings
Our client is a leading developer in Dubai, they require a highly experienced Procurement Specialist with extensive experience working on buildings projects to join their team. The candidate placed in this role will be responsible for implementing innovative new policies to improve the procurement process and reduce costs. Candidates applying for this role will be able to improve relationships with current suppliers as well as building relationships with new ones.
- Lead, develop and manage the procurement staff, including completing performance evaluations.
- Draft and review procurement Contracts
- Work hand-in-hand with Estimating and Operations in developing and implementing bidding strategies when assembling competitive bids and proposals.
- Develop a comprehensive working knowledge and understanding of the contract documents to ensure all procurement requirements within scope are accomplished within budget.
- Follow company policy for processes such as the review chain for reports and papers
- Advise procurement business process improvements
- Consult with management in the development of new business/existing business opportunities
- BSc. Quantity Surveying
- Minimum 6 years post graduate construction procurement experience
- From a developer background
- Must have an in-depth knowledge of procurement contracts
- Must have strong interpersonal, leadership, risk management, and negotiation skills