Senior Environmental Engineer - near Wembley
My client, a well-established private multi-disciplinary consultancy, is currently seeking an experienced Senior Environmental Engineer who will be based in their London and Watford offices.
This exciting role will provide the successful candidate with the opportunity to undertake Preliminary Risk Assessments, intrusive Ground Investigations, technical report writing as well as providing Geo-environmental advice to clients and internal teams.
Your previous experience of completing Ground Investigations, sampling and liaising with clients will be beneficial, as you will be able to further develop your technical and project management skills, including assisting with Contaminated Land assessments and solutions.
Candidates are also required to have demonstrable experience of liaising with clients, Regulators and Local Authorities and a proven track record of assisting with Business Development within a similar Environmental consultancy.
This role will require you to regularly attend sites within the UK to conduct and supervise site activities.
Further requirements include:
- A strong degree in Environmental Engineering, Environmental Sciences, Geology or a similar relevant technical discipline
- A commitment to achieving Chartered status
- A thorough understanding of Contaminated Land assessments, solutions, legislation and remediation options
- Experience across a range of sectors such as highways, railways, residential, commercial and industrial developments would be beneficial
- A thorough understanding of Quantitative Risk Assessment for human health and ground gases including best practice guidance such as CLR11 and appropriate assessment tools including CLEA and the Environment Agency's Remedial Target Methodology
- Experience of liaising with clients and providing them with technically accurate advice
- Good knowledge of Ground Investigation techniques, Geology and Geotechnical engineering
- Ability to write technically sound reports to a high standard
- Experience of creating appraisal reports, remedial strategies and method statements
- An ability to provide technically sound proposals
- Possessing an awareness of civil, structural and transport sectors would be beneficial, as you will be working closely with other technical teams in a multi-disciplinary consultancy
- Must be PC literate, including the use of the Microsoft Office suite, ArcGIS, AutoCAD and other specialist software
- UK driving licence is required
In return, you will be offered a competitive salary (based on your experience), benefits and excellent progression opportunities within a well-established consultancy.
Commutable locations include: Chorleywood, Uxbridge, Romford, Woking, Windsor
My client is due to hold interviews immediately, so if you are interested in this role and fulfil the criteria then please apply today!
If you are searching for other roles relating to Geotechnical or Geoenvironmental Engineering please do not hesitate to contact Ronnie Cooke on 01792 365 006 or email firstname.lastname@example.org .
We have many more vacancies available on our website at www.penguinrecruitment.co.uk. This is a permanent role. Penguin Recruitment is operating as a Recruitment Agency in respect to this position.