Senior Environmental Engineer - London/Watford
My client, an established private multi-disciplinary consultancy is seeking an experienced Senior Environmental Engineer to provide Geoenvironmental advice to clients and internal teams. You will be part of the wider Southern team, so you will be required to work in both London and Watford.
The successful candidate will be expected to undertake Preliminary Risk Assessments, intrusive Ground Investigations and technical report writing.
You will also be required to utilise your previous experience of completing ground investigations, sampling and laboratory analysis techniques to further develop your technical and project management skills, including assisting with contaminated land assessments and solutions. You will be expected to regularly attend sites within the UK to conduct and supervise site activities.
You will report to the relevant Partner who is responsible for the Geoenvironmental projects, along with fellow Chartered engineers, specialists and technicians.
- A strong degree in Environmental Engineering, Environmental Sciences, Geology or a similar relevant technical discipline
- A thorough understanding of Contaminated Land assessments, solutions, legislation and remediation options
- A proven track record of assisting with Business Development
- Demonstrable experience of liaising with clients, Regulators and Local Authorities
- Experience across a range of sectors would be beneficial, such as railways, highways, residential, commercial and industrial developments
- A thorough understanding Quantitative Risk Assessment for human health and ground gases including best practice guidance such as CLR11 and appropriate assessment tools including CLEA, ConSim, and the Environment Agency's Remedial Target Methodology
- Experience of liaising with, and providing technically accurate guidance to clients
- Good knowledge of Ground Investigation techniques, Geology and Geotechnical engineering
- Ability to write technical reports to a high standard
- Experience of creating appraisal reports, remedial strategies and method statements
- An ability to provide technically sound proposals
- Possessing an awareness of civil, structural and transport sectors would be beneficial, as you will be working closely with other technical teams in a multi-disciplinary consultancy
- Must be PC literate, including the use of the Microsoft Office suite, ArcGIS, AutoCAD and other specialist software
- UK driving licence is required
In return, you will be offered a competitive salary (based on your experience), benefits and excellent progression opportunities within a well-established consultancy.
Commutable locations include: Luton, Enfield, Dunstable, High Wycombe, Twickenham, Slough, Croydon.
My client is due to hold interviews immediately, so if you are interested in this role and fulfil the criteria then please apply today!
If you are searching for other roles relating to Geotechnical or Geoenvironmental Engineering please do not hesitate to contact Ronnie Cooke on 01792 365 006 or email firstname.lastname@example.org .
We have many more vacancies available on our website at www.penguinrecruitment.co.uk. This is a permanent role. Penguin Recruitment is operating as a Recruitment Agency in respect to this position.