Project Managers and Project Engineers
Project Managers and Project Engineers
Wallingford and Consett
Fugro is the world's leading independent provider of geo-intelligence and asset integrity solutions.
We are looking for confident, talented and innovative individuals to join our Site Characterisation Team based in Wallingford which works offshore and on land providing engineering, geotechnical and geoenvironmental services for clients in the energy, infrastructure and mining sectors worldwide.
The UK is currently experiencing a significant uplift in infrastructure related projects - including Heathrow Airport Expansion, High Speed rail and numerous coastal, tunnel and nuclear developments. Fugro is proud to be involved in such projects, to help us achieve success, we need additional Project Management resource. These projects are multi-discipline and sometimes cross divisional - they are high value and high profile.
We are looking to strengthen our Project Management team in the UK and require excellent Project Managers and Project Engineers who would welcome the opportunity to manage and deliver these projects, with responsibilities ranging from site logistics, schedule maintenance, public stakeholder management and managing client relationships.
Our successful candidates will hold the core values of Fugro in their approach to their work, with a passion for delivering excellence. Short, mid and long term secondments / contracts are available as well as full time positions.
Maintaining the highest practicable standards of HSE performance and promoting a positive QHSSE culture throughout all projects is a key responsibility of this role.
As a Project Manager you will supervise the commercial execution and delivery of a portfolio of allocated projects secured by the business to meet or exceed QHSE, financial and client satisfaction targets always in accordance with Company Policies and Procedures
As a skilled professional, you will also prepare technical and commercial tenders and proposals for work including liaison with and support of the Business Development and Delivery team as required.
You will be responsible for managing resourcing levels in terms of numbers and experience for all allocated projects in addition to training and development for project engineers.
As a Project Engineer you will be responsible for onsite delivery of projects including management of site resources, logistics, programme and technical delivery to meet or exceed QHSE, financial and client satisfaction targets always in accordance with Company Policies and Procedures.
Successful candidates will have:
- A degree in Geotechnical Engineering or Engineering Geology (or related discipline)
- A Project Management Qualification (preferable, but not essential if you have relevant experience)
- In depth understanding of the Company's services and associated markets supplemented by an awareness of the range of services provided by the Group as a whole
- Broad working knowledge of Ground Investigation techniques used in the UK and overseas together with knowledge of the application of the data and results obtained
- Experience of preparing technical and commercial proposals and tenders and subsequent negotiations leading to Contract award
- Good understanding of accounting and commercial matters including familiarity with Contract Forms used within the Industry and the underlying contract principals
- Working knowledge of applicable legislation and regulatory
- Numerate and proficient with relevant computer applications
You will be organised, financially diligent and able to maintain relationships at all levels to ensure the project runs smoothly. Excellent team and networking skills are essential and you must be enthusiastic, flexible and comfortable working with changing priorities.
Travel within the UK and Europe is a fundamental part of this role - when not on site, you will be based at either our Consett or Wallingford Offices.
Our successful candidates will receive competitive salary and benefits packages.
For an informal discussion about these excellent opportunities, please contact our HR Department.
Applications to be received by 27th August 2018.