Experienced Geoenvironmental Engineer - nr Rochester
An excellent opportunity has arisen for an experienced Geotechnical Engineer to join the Geosciences team of a leading UK-based Geotechnical and Contaminated Land Consultancy, based near Rochester.
Within this role, you will be assisting with Geotechnical aspects of a variety of residential, commercial, highways and rail projects for various clients such as local authorities, oil companies and housing developers.
As a Geotechnical Engineer, you will be expected to provide Geotechnical support to projects, oversee Site Investigations and assist with Business Development, including the preparation of Proposals and Tenders.
Additional responsibilities will include:
- Reporting directly to the Team Leader
- Working both within an office environment and visit sites regularly
- Carrying out Soil and Rock Logging in line with current standards
- Working within a budget and controlling the budget costs
- Completing and reviewing technical drawings
- Compiling technical notes and reports
- Conducting Contamination interpretation
- Liaising with clients, both existing and winning new business
- Providing guidance and technical support to junior staff as appropriate
It is essential that candidates have a strong degree and Masters in Geology, Geotechnics or a similar relevant discipline.
Candidates must have demonstrable experience of working within a similar consultancy environment, with a thorough understanding of Ground Investigation works and Geotechnical/Geological Engineering.
To be considered for this role, candidates must meet the following criteria:
- Chartered Geologist/Engineer or be committed to achieving Chartered status
- Experience within a similar role, with good working knowledge of Contaminated Land
- Project delivery experience
- Strong understanding of Ground Investigation works, Geology and Geotechnical Engineering
- Have experience of completing Desk Studies, Technical Designs and Reports
- Previous project experience within Residential developments
- Ability to work well within a team and as an individual
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Capable of completing Factual and Interpretive Assessments
- Demonstrable experience of writing proposals and tenders
- The right to work with the UK
- Ability to attend sites
- UK driving licence
This exciting opportunity offers a competitive salary (experience dependent) and excellent progression opportunities within a leading UK Consultancy.
Commutable locations include: Ashford, Lewes, Leatherhead, Kent, Tonbridge, Maidstone, Crawley, Croydon.
If this role is of interest to you or if you are searching for other roles relating to Geotechnical or Geoenvironmental Engineering please do not hesitate to contact Ronnie Cooke on 01792 365 006 or email firstname.lastname@example.org .
We have many more vacancies available on our website at www.penguinrecruitment.co.uk. This is a permanent role. Penguin Recruitment is operating as a Recruitment Agency in respect to this position.
Apply for Experienced Geoenvironmental Engineer - nr Rochester
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly