Geoenvironmental Engineer - Kent
An exciting opportunity has become available for an experienced Geoenvironmental Engineer to join a leading UK-based Geotechnical Consultancy, based near Kent.
The successful candidate will assist with Geotechnical and Geoenvironmental elements on a broad range of projects such as commercial, residential, highway and rail developments, for a variety of clients including local authorities, oil companies and housing developers.
Candidates must have a strong academic background, including a degree and Masters in Geology, Geotechnics, Earth Sciences or a similar relevant discipline.
As a Geoenvironmental Engineer you will provide Geoenvironmental and Geotechnical support on various projects both within the office and on sites, you will oversee Site Investigations and compile Technical reports.
Further responsibilities will include:
- Reporting directly to the Team Leader
- Completing Contamination interpretation
- Conducting Soil and Rock Logging in accordance with current standards
- Working within the project budget
- Creating technical notes and drawings
- Assisting Business Development, including the preparation of Proposals and Tenders
- Interacting with clients, both existing and new
- Mentoring junior staff and providing technical guidance, as appropriate
The successful candidate will have a strong understanding of Ground Investigation works as well as Geological and Geotechnical Engineering. They will also be able to complete Factual and Interpretive Assessments.
Candidates are required to have demonstrable experience of working within a similar consultancy environment, with a thorough understanding of Ground Investigation works and Geotechnical/Geological Engineering, with a focus on Contaminated Land.
Further criteria that must be met includes:
- Chartered Geologist/Engineer or committed to achieving Chartered status
- Member of a recognised Institute
- Experience within a similar role, with good working knowledge of Contaminated Land
- Competent in completing Desk Studies, Designs, Reports to a high standard
- Project delivery experience
- Previous project experience within Residential developments
- Ability to work well within a team and as an individual
- Demonstrable experience of writing proposals and tenders
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- The right to work with the UK
- Ability to attend sites
- UK driving licence
This exciting opportunity offers a competitive salary (experience dependent) with benefits and excellent progression opportunities within a leading UK Consultancy.
Commutable locations include: Epsom, Horsham, Tunbridge Wells, Tonbridge, Hastings, Maidstone, Crawley, Croydon.
If this role is of interest to you or if you are searching for other roles relating to Geotechnical or Geoenvironmental Engineering please do not hesitate to contact Ronnie Cooke on 01792 365 006 or email firstname.lastname@example.org .
We have many more vacancies available on our website at www.penguinrecruitment.co.uk. This is a permanent role. Penguin Recruitment is operating as a Recruitment Agency in respect to this position.