Geoenvironmental Consultant - near Wrexham
An excellent opportunity has become available for an experienced Geo-Environmental Consultant to join a leading UK Geotechnical and Contaminated Land Consultancy, based near Wrexham.
This role requires an enthusiastic candidate to join the Geoscience team to be involved in projects from commencement to completion, with both Geotechnical and Geo-Environmental aspects.
The successful candidate will work on a wide variety of projects, including housing and large infrastructure developments, rail and landfills, with clients such as local authorities, power suppliers, oil companies and housing builders.
The successful candidate will be required to supervise and undertake intrusive Site Investigations, liaise with subcontractors and manage the Health & Safety aspects on site.
As a Geo-Environmental Consultant, your responsibilities will include:
- Working both within the office and completing regular site visits
- Undertaking Preliminary Risk Assessments including Phase 1 Desk Studies
- Taking responsibility for Project Management duties
- Managing subcontractors
- Overseeing and managing fieldwork activities
- Compiling factual and interpretive technical reports
- Scheduling soil and water sampling
Candidates must have vast demonstrable experience of completing Site/Ground Investigation works, with a strong working knowledge of Contaminated Land.
Candidates are required to have a degree within Geology, Geotechnics, Earth Sciences or a similar relevant discipline. Having a Masters would be advantageous.
Being a member of a recognised institute and showing commitment to achieving Chartered status would be beneficial but is not essential.
Further requirements include:
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Possessing good team working skills and the ability to work well as an individual
- Good understanding of planning legislation
- Experience of working with Geotechnical software is desirable
- Previous experience of preparing interpretive reports to a high standard
- Knowledge/experience of Eurocode 7 and its impact
- Full UK driving licence
- Able to attend sites
- Willingness to spend large proportions of time away from home to visit sites across the UK
This role offers a competitive salary (based on experience), benefits, contributory Pension Scheme and excellent progression opportunities.
Commutable locations include: Chester, Manchester, Liverpool, Ellesmere Port, Northwich, Warrington, North Wales.
If this role is of interest to you or if you are searching for other roles relating to Geotechnical or Geoenvironmental Engineering please do not hesitate to contact Ronnie Cooke on 01792 365 006 or email firstname.lastname@example.org .
We have many more vacancies available on our website at www.penguinrecruitment.co.uk. This is a permanent role. Penguin Recruitment is operating as a Recruitment Agency in respect to this position.
Apply for Geoenvironmental Consultant - near Wrexham
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly