Experience Geotechnical Engineer - near Royal Tunbridge Wells
An exciting opportunity has become available for an experienced Geotechnical Engineer to join the wider Geosciences team of a leading UK-based Geotechnical and Contaminated Land Consultancy, based near Royal Tunbridge Wells.
This role will enable the successful candidate to assist with Geotechnical aspects of a wide variety of projects including but not limited to residential, commercial, highway and rail developments, for various clients such as local authorities, oil companies and housing developers.
A strong degree in Geology, Geotechnics or a similar relevant discipline is required. Having a Masters would be advantageous but is not essential.
Candidates must have demonstrable experience of working within a similar consultancy environment, with a thorough understanding of Ground Investigation works and Geotechnical/Geological Engineering.
As a Geotechnical Engineer, you will be expected to:
- Report directly to the Team Leader
- Provide Geotechnical support to projects
- Work both within an office environment and visit sites regularly
- Oversee Site Investigations
- Conduct Soil and Rock Logging in line with current standards
- Work within a budget and control the budget costs
- Carry out Contamination interpretation
- Complete technical drawings
- Compile technical notes and reports
- Assist with Business Development, including the preparation of Proposals and Tenders
- Liaise with clients, both existing and winning new business
- Mentor junior staff as appropriate
To be considered for this role, candidates must meet the following criteria:
- Chartered Geologist/Engineer or be committed to achieving Chartered status
- Experience within a similar role, with good working knowledge of Contaminated Land
- Strong understanding of Ground Investigation works, Geology and Geotechnical Engineering
- Experience completing Desk Studies, Designs, Reports
- Project delivery experience
- Previous project experience within Residential developments
- Ability to work well within a team and as an individual
- Capable of completing Factual and Interpretive Assessments
- Demonstrable experience of writing proposals and tenders
- The right to work with the UK
- Ability to attend sites
- UK driving licence
This exciting opportunity will provide training, a competitive salary (experience dependent) with benefits and excellent progression opportunities within a leading UK Consultancy.
Commutable locations include: Kent, Tonbridge, Maidstone, Crawley, Croydon.
If this role is of interest to you or if you are searching for other roles relating to Geotechnical or Geoenvironmental Engineering please do not hesitate to contact Ronnie Cooke on 01792 365 006 or email firstname.lastname@example.org .
We have many more vacancies available on our website at www.penguinrecruitment.co.uk. This is a permanent role. Penguin Recruitment is operating as a Recruitment Agency in respect to this position.